Last week I mentioned the Devil's Food Cake was a 9.5 on a scale from 1-10, with 10 being the best. Donna asked me to send her a private email letting her know which recipes rated high on my list. Rather than just sending her an email, I thought I'd share with you my all-time favorite recipes.
Out of the 150 recipes I've posted, these make my top 30 list (in no particular order)! Hopefully you'll make one or all of them. Let me know if you do!* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
1. Fruit Tart- My little brother's most requested dessert. A cookie crust topped with cream cheese and fruit. So simple.
2. Cinnamon Toast- Mr. H's favorite and most repeated breakfast treat. Yum!
3. Cranberry Freeze- Cranberry sauce, pineapple, pecans, in a cream cheese fluff then frozen. Delicious! A must have throughout the year.
4. Not Yo Mama's Banana Pudding- Cream cheese, cool-whip, pudding, bananas, and shortbread cookies. My grandpa's all-time fave!
5. Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake (and Cupcakes)- Dark chocolate cake with loads of fresh zucchini to keep it moist. One of my signature cakes and always asked for.
6. Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes- Simply luscious chocolate cupcakes dipped in ganache. A special treat and so elegant.
7. Texas Sheetcake- Chocolate sheetcake, with a cinnamony, nutty, chocolatey frosting. A favorite of my hubs. He asks for it weekly (not kidding).
8. Asparagus Gruyere Tart- A wonderful way to eat asparagus--with cheese and puff pastry!
9. Guittard Chocolate Chip Cookies- A basic chocolate chip cookie, but crispy, buttery and made with a superior chocolate. Beats Hershey's and Nestle by yards.
10. Oatmeal Raisin Sandwich Cookies- I sort of made this up and they were absolutely fabulous. Loved them! Oatmeal raisin cookies sandwiched around a fluffy mascarpone filling.
11. Strawberry Jello Salad- Not so pretty but so good. Strawberry jello, whole strawberries, pineapple, bananas and sour cream. It doesn't get better.
12. Chex Mummy Mix- Chocolate, peanut butter, and cereal. The only way I eat chocolate and PB together. So addicting too!
13. Tomato, Salami & Mozzarella Pasta Salad- The title says it all. This recipe serves a ton but is so good. great for potlucks.
14. Chicken & Dumplings- A family recipe full of heart. One of the most cherished recipes in my arsenal. A thick chicken stew with fluffy basil dumplings. The epitome of comfort.
15. Pumpkin Roll- This is a Thanksgiving must have, pumpkin cake roll with cream cheese...drool.
16. Coca-Cola Cake- Very similar to a Texas Sheetcake but moister and made with my favorite soda and marshmallows. A hint of cinnamon makes the frosting.
17. Cranberry, Pistachio and White Chocolate Biscotti- The base of this cookie is so tasty, you can't mess it up. Add any kind of fruit or chocolate to make them your own. Wonderful for gift giving as well.
18. Chocolate White Chocolate Chunk Cookies- The Barefoot Contessa really shines through on this one. Chocolate cookie with white chocolate chunks. One of my all time favorite cookies- no lie.
19. Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie- Sticky and gooey pecan pie kicked up with the addition of chocolate chips. I ate half the pie myself, that's how good it was.
20. Apple Chunk Tuna Salad- Another family recipe from my MIL. Chunky, slightly sweet, healthy and simple. A little unusual but a main stay in this household.
21. Fried Breakfast Potatoes- The names says it all. Fried, crispy potatoes. How could you go wrong?
22. Bailey's Cappuccino Chip Cake- I was sad when this cake was gone. I mourned it's loss. Creamy, punchy, cappuccino-y, yummy! Honestly.
23. Hummingbird Cake- Fruity, sweet, summery and moist cake topped with cream cheese frosting and walnuts. Delish!
24. Rainbow Cupcakes- Despite these being beautiful and fun to look at, they're a very flavorful vanilla cupcake with vanilla bean cream cheese buttercream. Nothing "vanilla" about these cupcakes.
25. Strawberry Cake- My sister's favorite and the most beautiful thing that comes out of my kitchen every year. An extremely moist cake with a lightly sweetened creamy frosting. As good as it looks.
26. Strawberries Romanoff- Made in a matter of minutes, maybe seconds. But decadent and addicting. Strawberries drenched in a brown sugar, sour cream, brandy sauce...(sigh).
27. Grilled Ham & Cheese w/ a Fried Egg- A product of my cravings. Anything topped with a fried egg is good in my book.
28. Devil's Food Cake- I originally rated this as a 9.5, but the next day when the flavors had a chance to develop, this turned into a 10! Chocolate, cinnamon, brown sugar, heavenly.
29. Fluffy Buttermilk Biscuits- Of all the biscuits I've ever made, these had a perfect texture, they held together, were moist, fluffy and buttery. Everything a perfect biscuit should be.
30. Rosemary Flatbread- The flatbread recipe, minus the toppings was delicious. I liked the combination of the blue cheese, grapes and honey, but I thought the flatbread was perfect and could be dressed up in so many different ways.
What are some of your favorites?