Thursday, May 1, 2014

Spring Bouquet For Mother's Day


I bought these tulip cupcake liners about 3 years ago with the thought that I would make some really pretty Mother's Day cupcakes and that just never happened. Life got in the way, there were other recipes requested and then I misplaced the liners until recently when Hayden was pulling my baking supplies out of a cabinet and playing with them in the living room :-). When Pillsbury® sent me some samples of their new bold Funfetti cake and cupcake mixes, I knew the yellow would be perfect for Spring cupcakes. Sometimes, life just works itself out and things fall into place.




My second mom, Olivia, gave me this Pillsbury Poppin' Fresh doll when she came to visit for Easter. He was the perfect little helper and inspiration in the kitchen and he's just so cute, don't you think? I think he'd approve of my use of  bold Pillsbury flower cupcakes. I'm kind of funny about colored mixes and drinks- I want the flavor to reflect the color so I added some bright lemon zest and juice to the batter along with buttermilk for some extra tang and to provide maximum moisture. So not only do they look like Spring, they taste like it too! The neon pink Funfetti icing was the perfect compliment to the pop of yellow underneath. 


These cupcakes are fun and worthy of a celebration, but they're easy enough that you don't have to stress about making them. They can be decorated any way you want, these flowers are just an idea but you can get more inspiration by visiting Pillsbury on Facebook, PillsburyBaking.com and Pillsbury on Pinterest. Any decorative tips, colors or sprinkles will work. Have fun with it and let everyone help and decorate their own for a truly unique experience. 



Lemon Buttermilk Flower Cupcakes

Printer Friendly Version
  • 1- 8.25 oz. package Pillsbury Funfetti Neon Yellow Cake Mix
  • 2/3 cup buttermilk
  • 1/4  cup vegetable oil
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
  • 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake tin with paper liners and set aside. 

Place all ingredients in a large bowl and beat with a hand mixer until batter is smooth and creamy and no traces of cake mix remain. 

Evenly divide the cake mix between the paper liners, filling them no more than 2/3 full. 

Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 

Makes 10-12 cupcakes, depending on size. 

Once cupcakes are baked, allow them to cool in pan for five minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely. 

For the Frosting: 

Transfer your favorite colors of Pillsbury Funfetti frosting to a piping bag fitted with your favorite icing tips and decorate the tops of the cooled cupcakes to resemble flowers. Use the sprinkles and colored sugar that come with the frosting to bring your cupcake flowers to life!

I used these Wilton tips for decorating: 
  • leaf tip- #67
  • round dot tip- #12
  • small flower tip- #224
  • swirl tip- #21
Store cupcakes at room temperature, in an airtight container. 























*I was provided with product samples and compensation by Pillsbury®, though the opinions I express here are my own. ©/® The J.M. Smucker Company. Pillsbury is a trademark of The Pillsbury Company, LLC, used under license. 

7 comments:

Catherine said...

Those cupcakes are beautiful!! They do look like spring!
How sweet to have the Pillsbury Boy approve!!
These cupcakes certainly are perfect for Mother's Day.
Blessings dear. Catherine

Alli Smith said...

I have those same liners and my grand's favorite cake flavor is funfetti! Your cupcakes are beautiful!

debbie said...

Hi Monica! Those cupcakes are gorgeous. I keep wanting to take a Wilton Cake Decorating class and keep putting it off. I would love to be able to make such pretty cupcakes. Have a great weekend!

Paloma said...

Very beautiful Monica! We've missed your blogposts! Everything you make is always done with the most outstanding quality! Such lovely cupcakes! :) Very inviting!

Olivia Luna said...

Hi Monica! I am so glad you are back on your blog! I told you that your "mojo" was back after all the Easter baking you did! I am also glad the Pillsbury boy is now in your kitchen! Much love to you! Your second mom, Olivia (aka Livy).

Unknown said...

The sport and its particular hosts throughout held top to bottom as well as the repeated mother or father tillfaellen corridor challenges and huge scale battles brought through the game master. Tyvaerr aennu I never been able to participate in this type of affi because I usually do not fault any individual, with out such breach has brought spot back then My spouse and i played out, nevertheless they will certainly always be really enjoyable.Right now ponder what a person saekert aer the actual hook, company there's a catch. The overall game aer not tremendous lovely plus more like a uppsnoffsat Counter-Strike (your Foerster fordi) grafikmaessigt.Nivadesignen aer in some couple of instances nor vaeldigt genomtaenkt. I would n?r 12th time stuck with my own container on a little foersumbar traedrot discomfort would have been a reality. Throughout instaellningarna Even so moejlighet to turn the particular shaders Foer more complex visuals, but it would seem not really entirely carried out aen. Foerdelen with the design of that the fundamental image as a result of aer video game foermodligen Usable about any personal computer.

Old School RS Gold

Buy Old School RS Gold


sharonjo said...

I have those same cupcake liners--used them for Easter cupcakes this year. Your cupcakes are so pretty and colorful, and I love the Pillsbury Dough Boy doll!

Related Posts with Thumbnails