Friday, August 3, 2012

Creamy Oreo Birthday Pie and A Winner!

Happy 17th Birthday Aaron!


We are on our way out of town for a long weekend to visit family. My aunt had a baby a couple weeks ago and we can't wait any longer to meet him! As thrilled as we are about being there, we are not so enthusiastic about the 9-hour road trip that follows. We usually just travel across town with Hayden and last October we even went to the pumpkin patch, about an hour away, but that's it. I'm trying to stay composed but internally I'm freaking out! 9 looooooong hours...

I know people travel all the time with kids and I'm sure things will be just fine, I'm just concerned about keeping him entertained for that long. And napping, and feeding. haha! My mom, brothers and cousin are coming with us so we will have help, I'm just praying there are no meltdowns. And I don't mean by Hayden :-) How does one travel without packing up the entire house? I don't think I realized how much "Stuff" that little guy has. 


This Oreo pie has nothing to do with our trip, but it was delicious. I made it for my brother's 17th birthday back in May and forgot to blog it. It was tangy and creamy and sweet, and loaded with chopped up Oreos. After refrigerating the pie, the cookies soften and become one with the cream cheese filling. My brother and Mr. H both loved this birthday pie and one of the best parts about it is that you don't have to turn the oven to make it. This pie is super rich so a small slice goes a long way. A glass of icy milk helps wash it all down. Enjoy and wish us luck this weekend! I'll let you all know how it goes when we get back.

Creamy Oreo Pie adapted from Kraft

Printer Friendly Version 
  • 36 Oreo Cookies, divided 
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 2 cups whipped cream
  • Additional Oreos and whipped cream for garnish, optional
Crush 26 of the cookies into crumbs. Mix with butter until well combined then press firmly into the bottom  and up the side of a 9-inch pie plate. Refrigerate while preparing the filling. 

Chop 10 of the remaining cookies and set aside. Beat cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the chopped cookies and whipped cream, stirring gently until well blended. Spoon into prepared crust. 

Garnish with mounds of whipped cream and additional Oreos. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until firm, before serving. 



And the winner of the $25 Walmart gift card is commenter #65  Sharon B who said...

My perfect steak dinner is one with my husband. We work in different cities right now and only see each other on the weekends. Some of the best times we have these day are over dinner!"


Congratulations Sharon B! Please email me with your mailing address and I'll send your gift card right out to you. 

21 comments:

Coleens Recipes said...

This Oreo pie looks beyond delicous.

Unknown said...

This pie looks great! I love the taste of cookies 'n cream :) Now I just kind of want to eat a bowl of that ice cream... or maybe eat this pie. :)

Abby said...

Cookies and cream is Brad's favorite! He would love this. And I just have to say - you make the prettiest desserts! And babies. :)

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie said...

How stinking delicious does this look?

Billie Jo said...

Wow! And I think I have all the necessary ingredients right here now.... Yummmmm!

Unknown said...

Oh this pie looks great!!! I have a thing for Oreos! I didn't know your family was all going. Sheesh. That is going to be a loooooong drive. I'm sure everything will be fine though. If you start to have a meltdown, just text or call me. Haha!

Anonymous said...

We have 6 children and we go on a lot of camping trip, driving 7-9 hours a few times a year! Our best trips usually start with trying to skip afternoon naps, then heading out right before dinner, drive an hour or so, eat dinner, then the kids go to sleep for the night! And.we.drive.in.peace! :-) Usually we take turns driving, while the other naps. ~Tiffany~

Unknown said...

Did you use real whipped cream or Cool whip for this recipe?

suzieQ said...

The photos you post are just so beautiful, they could be in any magazine. I have always enjoyed reading cookbooks and now I enjoy reading cooking blogs, though I treat them more like fiction than "how to". However, that pie looks pretty darn fantastic and I just may have to make it. Your brother's smile is delightful.
Good luck traveling, my son was a great car baby, my daughter, not so much...

Heather at Kitchen Concoctions said...

Beautiful pie! Good luck and have fun on your trip!

Memória said...

Goodness!! That Oreo pie looks so good right now. I have been craving non-Italian food like crazy haha. I miss the variety of food in the U.S., but I still don't want to go back. I will have to hunt down for some Oreo cookies and make this one day.

Your brother looks so cute in that photo!! And of course Haydencito always looks so precious and innocent haha.

Have a safe trip with your family!!

cybil said...

Hope your trip went well! Many children are great travellers! They sleep a lot and if you have some toys, perhaps somthing new as well and you make some breaks ... all should be well. Our son loves to travel (and we too). Looking forward to hearing about it!

Sharon B said...

I am so very grateful to have won your Walmart card giveaway! I told my husband and sent him the link and he caanot get over the oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies! I guess I know what we are having for dessert with our steaks!
Thanks again!
Sharon B.

bean bags perth said...

Oreo, my favorite! I like your recipe ideas. Its unique and looks like its really good.

Anonymous said...

UHHH! This looks delicious!!! I love Oreos.

Laura B. said...

This is my daughters new favorite thing to make. She is making it for Christmas today.

girlfromhell31 said...

Okay, so I'm an absolute newbie in the world of making your own food (don't ask how I survived for almost two decades),but do I measure two cups of whipping cream before whipping it or do I whip it first before measuring two cups of whipped cream? Really interested in this recipe, I'd appreciate a reply =)

CreativeElements said...

Hi! ~ This looks SO good. I have a question... Do you remove the white stuffing from the cookies when crushing cookies for the crust and pie filling, or not?

Thank you!
Melissa

CreativeElements said...

Hi! ~ This looks SO good. I have a question... Do you remove the white stuffing from the cookies when crushing cookies for the crust and pie filling, or not?

Thank you!
Melissa

Monica H said...

I used the filling as well as the cookies and it was really rich and sweet. You can cut back on the whites if you want to help that. But either way, this pie is delish!

Unknown said...

I always make this for any get togethers. Everyone loves it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails