Friday, May 22, 2009

Okey Dokey Artichokey!



This recipe comes from Kraft Food & Family magazine. I was going to link to the site where you can sign up to get the magazine because it used to be free, but now they charge for it! I still get the magazine without having to pay for it, maybe because I've been subscribed for so long, but now it's $12 for a year :-( That's still not a bad price, but I was hoping to hook you all up. Sorry.

Anyway, I've made this recipe a few times. It's so simple and comes together rather quickly. So easy that even my husband who only makes sandwiches and cinnamon toast can make it and has! And he prides himself on it too. That's how good, easy and impressive it is.

Make it this weekend for your Memorial Day BBQ or potluck. Everyone will love it- I promise!



Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Dip
from Kraft



  • 1- 14 oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
  • 1- 10 oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
  • 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 3/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder


  • Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix all ingredients; spoon into 9-inch quiche dish or pie plate.
    Bake 20 min. or until heated through. Serve with crackers and assorted fresh cut vegetables.


    NOTE: I used a red pepper blend parmesan cheese for a spicier version. If you want it hot, you can add a few pinches of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes.
    I also added a topping to add a little crunch. I mixed 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs with a heaping tablespoon of mayo, salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle on top before baking.

    Have a good, safe and cheesy weekend!

    22 comments:

    Elyse said...

    Spinache artichoke sounds AMAZING. This is absolutely one of my favorite dips. I can eat waaay too much of it! I can't wait to try out your recipe.

    vanillasugarblog said...

    I adore anything with artichoke. I love making my own dip at home. Have you tried the ones at restaurants? Horrid.
    Have a good long weekend !

    Erin said...

    My mom and I were just talking about that magazine the other day and how neither of us gets them in the mail anymore. I can't believe they charge for it now?! Everything was recycled from season to season...

    Anyway, way to go making Kraft look classy! I adore a good artichoke dip and my go-to party dish is a recipe from the back of a Triscuit box ;)shhh don't tell.

    Maria said...

    I am loving this dip! Have a great weekend!

    Erin said...

    First, I can't believe they're charging for Kraft Food & Family! I've subscribed for several years, too...hope we're grandfathered in and don't have to pay! I've never tried this recipe for artichoke dip, but I sure love the stuff. I'll have to give it a try!

    Ingrid_3Bs said...

    Yum, that looks delish and the topping sounds even yummy! (panko crumbs are the bomb!)

    I hope I'm grandfathered in as I've been receiving it longer for more years than I can remember!

    Happy holiday weekend!
    ~ingrid

    Foodiewife said...

    I have several issues of Kraft magazine I haven't had time to read! Yikes, I'd better do that before they start charging me!
    I love artichokes. I live right by the artichoke capital of the world. This sounds decadent and something I'll have to make for a BBQ...hmmm, maybe this weekend! Great photos, as always. I'm drooling.

    Heather S-G said...

    Yum, I love artichoke dip...this looks so good!

    Kristen said...

    That's so funny, some of the girls at work were talking about the Kraft magazine yesterday, one was wondering why she didn't get it anymore, and the other is still on their list (strange).
    I love the title you gave to this one (and the last one recipe too)-very cute!
    The dip looks so wonderful!

    Rachel said...

    Stopping by your blog for the first time...your recipes look wonderful! I, too, have been getting the Kraft magazine (for free) for years...I had no idea they were charging for it now!?!

    Lissaloo said...

    This looks wonderful! I used to get that magazine, they have really good dinner ideas! :)

    Selba said...

    This is so perfect for snack time or maybe also as appetizer :)

    Joanna said...

    Hi! They have Food & Family magazines archived on the Kraft website. It's http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/FoodFamilyArchive/magarchive/magazine_archive.aspx

    You can see all the recipes from there...

    Like you, I get the magazine too for free, still, I guess because I have been getting it so long too.

    Joanna said...

    oops...
    http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/
    FoodFamilyArchive/
    magarchive/magazine_archive.aspx

    there's the whole URL.

    unconfidential cook said...

    I LOVE this dip--there's no better!

    Julie said...

    I love this kind of dip...yours looks awesome! That last picture is a money shot for sure!

    Kathy said...

    My friend made this exact recipe this past Thursday night for Bunko! Very good!!! I still get the magazine free too - I had no idea they were charging for it now. They should though - there's tons of great recipes in there!!!

    Coleens Recipes said...

    This sounds SO good, and that last photo is the clincher!!

    Donna-FFW said...

    Oh Monica.. this sounds so very delicious and your photos are unbelievable.

    They still send me the magazine too free, I guess also because Ive gotten it so long. They do have many recipes in there I like:)

    Donna-FFW said...

    Oh Monica.. this sounds so very delicious and your photos are unbelievable.

    They still send me the magazine too free, I guess also because Ive gotten it so long. They do have many recipes in there I like:)

    Sophie said...

    ooh yum! I wonder if my hubby can make it too :D! This looks awesome, definitely a great holiday appetizer.

    Happy Memorial Day to you too!!

    Treehouse Chef said...

    I have clipped this recipe out of magazines many times and have never made it. I don't know why because it looks so delicioius! I am going to make it for book club. Thanks so much for sharing! I also like the panko idea!

    Related Posts with Thumbnails