Saturday, November 17, 2012

Homemade Pumpkin Spice Lattes and A Winner!


Just a quicky post today. This is a recipe I've shared before but I've tweaked it a bit so that it serves two, rather than one. Because a pumpkin spice latte needs to be shared. My version of this ever popular drink contains real pumpkin and spices, not flavored syrup. It's just as easy to make as it is to drive to Starbucks, but it's much less expensive and better for you! Thanks Maranda for making and reminding me of this delicious beverage. 


Pumpkin Spice Latte from Monica H

Printer Friendly Version 
  • 2 cups strong brewed coffee
  • 3/4 cup half-n-half
  • 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 4 Tablespoons sugar in the raw
  • 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • whipped cream and cinnamon for garnish

Combine coffee, half-n-half, pumpkin, sugar and pumpkin pie spice in a small saucepan. Bring to a high simmer (just before boiling), whisking occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.

Pour into two mugs and top with whipped cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon, if desired.

Makes two large servings.



And the winner of the Chinet Bakeware is commenter #40 Melody J. Congratulations! Thank you to all that entered the giveaway. And thank you Chinet for being so generous!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmm, I don't like coffee, and I haven't been to Starbucks in over a year, but I remember drinking their pumpkin spice steamers (basically just the flavored milk and no coffee) and it was absolutely delicious! It's been getting kind of chilly here, and I do love warm mugs snuggled between my hands so maybe I'll have to get over not liking coffee.

AllThingsYummy said...

I can't wait to make this. Love pumpkin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails