Monday, February 2, 2009

Love Is In The Air

M&M's are one of my favorite candies. I especially love them frozen- mmm! Anyway, I love them so much that we gave them out as wedding favors wrapped up in tulle and tied with a pretty black satin ribbon.

I stocked up on Cupid M&M's the day after Valentine's Day for 50% off. I think I bought about 8 jumbo bags full. Our wedding colors were red, black and white and these M&M's, though not black, were red, pink and white. So Pretty. When I see these M's I just smile and think back to our wedding night as we sat in bed of the beautiful boutique hotel suite and watched TV and noshed on pink candy.

Red's Ultimate M&M's Cookies from M&M
  • Bulleted List1 cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1- 12 ounce package M&M'S (I used milk chocolate Valentine M&M's)

Preheat oven to 350°F.

In large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. In medium bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt; blend into creamed mixture. Stir in M&M's.

Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and centers are still soft. Do not overbake. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; cool completely on wire racks. Store in tightly covered container.

NOTE: Recipe says it makes 3 dozen cookies, but I got 3 1/2 dozen. Score!

Also, I reserved half of the M&M's and placed them on top of the cookies prior to baking. You don't have to do this, but the candy gets lost in the dough and you can't see the pretty little jewels. And let's be honest, seeing the jewels are important :-)

11 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

My children are screaming behind my back right now.. Make them Mommy.. Thanks Monica!

vanillasugarblog said...

These look so pretty. I saw those wonderful colors at Target yesterday and walked right by them (I'm trying to be a good girl).

Selba said...

Looks yummy and a good treat for Valentine's day :)

Btw, your dog "Autumn" is so cute!

Sara said...

These are so pretty, I just love M&Ms in cookies, I think they're even better than chocolate chips.

Navita (Gupta) Hakim said...

oh thts my fav color...love the idea of the favor! :)

this recipe sounds like a keeper. :)

Maria said...

I love M&M's and they are even better in cookies. I made similar cookies for a baby shower. I just took out the red ones:) It was for a girl!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

I LOVE M&M cookies! Gotta love the pink & red too! I'd love to feature these next week for the Valentine's edition of Sweet Thursday, if that's okay.

Navita (Gupta) Hakim said...

Thanks for the lovely comments :)

Donna-FFW said...

Hi .. me again.. I just passed on 2 awards to you. please go pick them up at my blog. XXXOOO

The Nanny said...

Ohhhhhh those look SO GOOD!

Comic Mom said...

The best thing I ever did was click onto your blog , what an inspiration ! Please keep doin' what your doin' cause the world needs more people like yourself.

Related Posts with Thumbnails