Sunday, November 18, 2007

Cinderella Cake

I went to a 40th wedding anniversary last weekend and it turned out to be a mini family reunion. We had such a good time visiting with our firends and family. On our first night there, we went to dinner at a relatives house. Sandra brought a pumpkin spice cake that was so good and moist. I had to have the recipe, so here it is. This would be a great addition to any Thanksgiving menu.

Cinderella Cake by Sandra A.

  • 2 c. sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 c. vegetable oil
  • 2 c. flour
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1-15 oz. can pumpkin puree
  • 1 tsp. vanilla

Beat sugar and eggs til well blended and light in color. Add oil, continuing to beat. Combine dry ingredients to egg mixture. Add pumpkin, mix well. Pour into greased 9" bundt pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes. Let stand in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto baking rack or platter and allow to cool completely. Frost with Coachman's Icing.

_________________________

Coachman's Icing

  • 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 box powdered sugar, sifted
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 c. nuts, chopped (optional)

In a medium bowl, blend softened cream cheese and butter til smooth and creamy. Add vanilla. Then add powdered sugar until desired consistency is achieved. Frost and top with chopped walnuts or pecans (optional) before icing sets.

9 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm making a pumpkin spice cake for Thanksgiving - not nearly as yummy sounding & rich as this one. damn diet.

Anonymous said...

this is just not fair!! I LOVE to bake and I might have found a new blog to follow! This cake looks divine!!

thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

OH! And the photos are great! Very vivid and detailed! Good job!

Anonymous said...

So, I have made this cake twice now and it has been the talk of each party I have taken it to! I love it and so does everyone else! Thanks for sharing it with us!!

Monica H said...

I'm glad you liked the recipe. I think it would be just as nice without the icing and baked into loaf pans and served for brunch. It's so good I want to make it again, but next on my list is chocolate cinnamon bread- yum!

Cindy B said...

Hon, are you using cake flour or regular flour for this? Just want to make sure....Thanks, it looks divine and your presentation of it is simply beautiful!

Monica H said...

Cindy,

I use plain all purpose flour and it works every time. If you wanted to use cake flour you could, but there's no need to.

Hope you like it!

Monica

Gold For RS said...

I am just pleased an individual liked the actual recipke. It can be just like wonderful devoid of the icing and a part of loaf pans and also supported for luncheon. It's extremely great I wish to make it once again, nevertheless following on my small checklist will be dark chocolate cinnamon bread- yum! Gold For RS
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Digital Collector's Edition

Unknown said...

I wanted to make a pumpkin cake for a long time and I found your recepie that was easy with ingredients that I had at home and the results were very good, thank you very much😄

Related Posts with Thumbnails