Sunday, March 22, 2009

Slurp!

Since the POM Wonderful people were so gracious in sending me a case of 100% Pomegranate Juice, I decided the first thing I'd make with it was a smoothie. My husband and I drink smoothies almost every weekend with our breakfast and it just seemed the natural choice.

Did you know POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice has more antioxidant power than red wine? My FIL is a fan of red wine for this reason, but now there's a healthier option for him since drinking red wine for breakfast really isn't an option for most people :-) Drink it alone or add it to a smoothie. The pomegranate juice in this smoothie adds a brightness, the honey sweetness, the yogurt creaminess and the strawberries body. It's good and good for you!

Strawberry POMegranate Smoothie
  • 2 ripe bananas
  • 8 oz. yogurt
  • 4 oz. POM Wonderful Juice
  • 2 Tbsp. honey
  • 12 frozen strawberries

Place all ingredients in blender in order as they appear above. Blend well til the frozen strawberries are smooth. Scrape the honey down off the pitcher sides if necessary. Pour into tall glasses and garnish with a fresh strawberry and a straw.

Makes 2 tall servings- about 4 1/2 cups.

BTW, I added a cool little feature at the bottom of my blog. Go ahead, take a look, I'll wait.........................Okay, you back? Isn't it fun? You can add it to your side bar or anywhere on your blog. Click here to get one!

And while you're at it, click on over to Donna's blog to her Spring Fever Giveaway!

10 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

I love your choice for the POM.. I will be adding that thing to my blog sometime within the next cople of days! I LOVE it!! Brilliant idea!!

Lissaloo said...

Great smoothie! I am going to have to pick up some pom juice and give it a try, the bookshelf is awesome!

Michel-lee said...

I've never heard of POM. How did you get a box of them? Were they given for free or purchased? My hubby and I love red wine and smoothies. I should try and find some POM here in KY. I love the bookshelf. I need more fancy cookbooks. I might post what I have for baking. Thanks for the link.

Shari@Whisk: a food blog said...

I'm going to have to try this with my POM!

Netts Nook said...

I love POM what a treat I can't wait to try out your smoothie. Thanks for sharing your great idea.

Maria said...

The smoothie looks really good! Great way to use some of your POM!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

The kiddos and I love smoothies. I have a smoothie maker and it get a workout that's for sure.

I started one of those bookshelves but never finished it. I seriously have a problem.....I have about 175cookbooks and that doesn't include the magazine ones. :-( Luckily my honey doesn't care so long as the kids are happy and being feed!
~ingrid

Zsofi Anna said...

So pretty and pink! A smoothie is such a happy drink.

Sylvia said...

I love smoothies! What a great idea to add POM with strawberries! =)

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Wow... looks wonderful! I LOVE POM, I love pink, I love strawberries, I love smoothies... there is nothing about this recipe that I wouldn't like, so off to the store for some more POM I will go.

Related Posts with Thumbnails