Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Easy As No-Bake Pie!

I made this creamy, dreamy pie for St. Patty's Day. This is not the recipe I made for Rach's March Challenge. Well it was going to be, but then I noticed the challenge rules state that it must be something "baked" Duh, so I made something even more decadent than this for that!

I love all the foil going on in these three next pictures. So shiny!

I set out to make this pie because others were tempting me with their chocolate mint, cookies and cream concoctions. Check out Dawn's Mint Chocolate Thumbprints, Mary's Thin Mint Strawberry Pi and Thin Mint Chocolate Cupcakes, Donna's Oreos 'n Cream Cake, and Em's Oreo Pie. If you've made something recently with a mint or chocolate cookies, let me know so I can come on over and drool :-p..

Anyway, back to this pie. It was really simple to throw together. And it's something you can make any time of year. Just change up the cookies and you'll have a whole other dessert. I chose to make 10 mini cream pies instead of one large one so I could share with my family and neighbors.

Creamy Girl Scout Thin Mint Pie
  • 2 packed cups chocolate cookie crumbs
  • 6 Tbsp. butter, melted
  • 1-8 oz. block of cream cheese, softened
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 cup heavy cream (makes 2 cups whipped cream)
  • 1 sleeve Girl Scout Thin Mints (16 cookies, divided)

Mix cookie crumbs with melted butter until well blended. Press firmly onto bottom and sides of 9-inch pie plate and refrigerate while making the filling.

Chop 11 of the Thin Mints into small pieces and set aside. Whip heavy cream til it becomes fluffy and stiff, set aside. Beat cream cheese and sugar in medium bowl with an electric mixer til well combined and creamy.

Fold the whipped cream and cream cheese mixture together. Gently fold in chopped cookies. Scoop creamy filling into prepared crust. Spread the filling out to the edges. Garnish with the remaining 5 Thin Mints, cut into halves.

Refrigerate overnight to soften the cookies. The mint flavor will permeate throughout the creamy filling.

NOTE: I made mine into 10 mini pies instead of the larger 9-inch pie. They were so cute! You can also buy a premade cookie crust and use that instead of making your own.

Also, I think the filling was missing something. Maybe a smidge of vanilla or mint extract and the tiniest pinch of salt. That would have been good.

14 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

Monica.. They look delicious and so very pretty. Thank you for the shout out:) I love mint chocolate creamy combo, I'll have to book mark this also! I just love your whole damrned blog, who am I kidding?

my3sons said...

Ok, I really wish I were your neighbor! These look great! Katie

Anonymous said...

my thin mints are circular not flower shaped.
interesting.

Sophie said...

Suuuch a cute idea :). I miss minty cookies :). I love how they resemble cupcakes but they're mini pies!

Maria said...

I love the mini pies you made! They are too cute and you can't go wrong with mint and chocolate. YUM!

vanillasugarblog said...

no bake huh? you mean no need to turn on my ancient-little-house-on-the-prairie-oven? ok, I could definitely try this one.

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Those are sweet looking.....how come minis are so much cuter? I bought some "spring" oreo cookies to make something with, might have to give these cuties a try.

I second Donna's comment about lovin' everything here!
~ingrid

Anonymous said...

My challenge is just for fun, I wouldn't have kicked you out for making a no-bake dessert.

This looks delicious!

Lissaloo said...

There are no words........ I am really thinking I need to make these.... today :) And I'm glad you shared with the pup, they deserve treats too :)

Monica H said...

Donna- Thanks! I love your blog too :-)

Katie- I wish you were my neighbor too!

Anonymous- I think they sold me an old box from last year. Of course, this is just a theory, but I've seen other blogs who had pictures of Thin Mints and they're round and in clear plastic packages. Mine are petaled and in foil- like they were last year!

Oh well, they still tasted good!

Sophie- than you!

Maria- I had an epiphany today- I shouldn've added Andes minsts to these. That would have been so good!

Dawn- As long as your fridge doesn't go out, you'll be all set!

Ingrid- Spring Oreos would be perfect in this. Especially for Easter, if you can wait that long :-) Thanks for the compliment!

Rach- I know you wouldn't have kicked me out, but I actually wanted to "bake" something for your challenge. And I'm glad I did because what I made was DELISH!

Lissaloo- Make 'em!!! I'm still wondering why you're banned from Costco :-)

Selba said...

Hi Monica, please pick up your award here :)

Shari@Whisk: a food blog said...

Girl scout cookies are so popular right now! Lots of tweets about it. This sounds so good! Pass one over, thx!

Zsofi Anna said...

Monica,
What a delectable looking dessert! Very celebration worthy indeed. Thanks so much for stopping by my site. I'm going to be a regular on yours for sure!

Erin said...

I found this recipe the other day, while searching for something to make for a business dinner for my husband. It was perfect! Everyone loved it! It also used up the dreaded Girl Scout cookies that I can not stop eating :) Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails