Monday, November 1, 2010

Exciting News and Delicious Muffins

I have a few exciting things to share with you this first day of November. Firstly, I'm going to San Francisco this weekend for the 2nd Annual Foodbuzz Blogger Fest! I am beyond thrilled to be heading out west. Obviously there will be cooler weather in California than in Texas, but also because I know I'm in for a fabulous weekend filled with beautiful sights, bloggie friends and food! My partner in crime for the duration of the weekend is going to be the lovely Debby of A Feast For The Eyes. I'm been chatting with Debby for a year and a half now and I'm thrilled to finally meet her. I only wish I was going to meet all of you there. If you are going, please let me know! After the Blogger Fest is over, Mr. H will be joining me for a couple days of rest and relaxation. I can't wait!

The second wonderful bit of news I have to share with you is that I got a new camera! Can I get a woot woot?! I had been saving up for several months and I am now a proud owner of a Canon EOS Rebel T1i. I got it a little over a week ago and I've been having fun with it. It is definitely an upgrade from my point and shoot Sony but there is a lot to learn. A lot. I did a lot of research to find the best deal and the internet pointed me to one of my favorite stores- Costco. The package I got isn't available on Costco. com anymore but it's still in stores. I'm not giving up on my Sony, because it's been a great camera but I will shoot more often with my new side kick. These photos were taken with the new camera. Hope you like them.

I put a few extra white chips on top of the muffins before they baked and they got overly brown in the oven. So while they were still warm, I flicked them off and replaced them with even more white chocolate pieces. Much better!

Now onto the goods. These are pumpkin white chocolate chip muffins and they were incredible. There are only 4 ingredients in this muffins (one of them is water) and they start off with a box mix (don't hate!) and I will definitely be making them again- they were that good! My husband is not a huge fan of pumpkin so they weren't his favorite, but I loved them. So much that I had second thoughts about sending them with him and his Dad to the YMCA for their Seniors with Alzheimer's group. I really wanted to keep at least half a dozen home with me so I could gorge, but I only had one. They were moist and sweet, spicy, fluffy and tender- everything a muffin should be. Please make these soon and enjoy!

Ooh, one more thing before you go...I now have a categorized and alphabetized Recipe Index on the tabs right underneath my header. So now you can search for a recipe with ease. If you use it (and I hope you will), let me know what you think!

Pumpkin Spice Muffins adapted from Cutting Edge of Ordinary

  • 1 box (18.25 oz) spice cake mix*
  • 1-15 oz. can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup white or semi sweet chocolate chips (optional)

In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix, the pumpkin puree and the water in a bowl and mix til well combined. Mix them up by hand, no electric mixer needed. Stir in the chocolate chips if using.

Scoop batter into lined muffins pan and fill 3/4 of the way full. Bake at 400 degrees F for approximately 20 minutes.

Makes about 18 muffins.

NOTE: You can use yellow cake mix but the spice cake has so much more flavor. Also if you choose, you can use sugar-free cake mix but it will produce denser, less tender muffins.

See you in a couple days for an anniversary giveaway!

37 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

I am sure you will have a blast at the blogger fest! Good for you, and give my hellos to Debby!! Envious am I!!

The muffins sound fantastic! Your photos are gorgeous no matter what!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I hope you will enjoy the new camera as much as I do mine.I have the predecessor of this one,the XTi,and really like it.Have fun out west.
Blessings,Ruth

From the Kitchen said...

I'm back! We have the same camera! And, I'm pretty sure that it's the one Debbie got as well. What fun to be going to to the "fest" and meeting up with Debbie. I can't wait to hear all about it from both of you and to see your photos. I'm keeping the old "point and shoot" too. It's much easier to sneak into restaurants, etc.--and all great photographers have multiple cameras!

Have a great time!

Best,
Bonnie

Michel-lee said...

What wonderful news! Enjoy your new camera and blogger fest.

Avril said...

Monica!!! My goodness do you have a lot of exciting news to share with us! - I am soooo excited (and a bit jealous....) for your trip to San Fran and the food buzz conference. I can not wait to hear all about your adventures from it all. Safe travels Darlin'! Also congrats on your new camera! Your pic's are always outstanding (needless to say such "eye candy" of dee'lish-ness) I look forward to drooling even more with your new camera shots. Lastly, love the "4 ingredient" muffins - funny because my Mr. of the house also is a little tired of all the pumpkin recipes I've been making....more for ME (and others...)! HUGS! :-)

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of white chocolate in pumpkin! Thank you! looks great with your new camera ;)

-Amalia

http://buttersweetmelody.wordpress.com

Keeley said...

I WISH I was going to the Foodbuzz blogger event! I've never been to California. Have fun!

Congrats on your new camera! I'm eyeing the exact same one and I'm hoping to get one in 2011. You did a great job with your point and shoot, so I'm sure you'll love your new one.

Oh yes, and the muffins are nice, too. :)

Astrid said...

Hey there! Awesome news, yummy muffins, and more good news, I willl be at foodbuzz too! I will be sure to say hello!

Julie @ Willow Bird Baking said...

I'M GOING TOO!! WE MUST MEET UP!!

Janet said...

Fantastic news! ENJOY every minute of your trip... Especially the time with Mr. H!

Fill me in when you return - cannot wait to hear all about it!

Please Do Not Feed The Animals. said...

I absolutely LOVE the colour of your muffin cases!

David said...

Can't wait to try the muffins! I made the black cat cookies for a school class party--yummy! And I am loving the pictures with the recipes! :)
Shar

Souffle Bombay said...

Yeah!! good for you...can't imagine you taking prettier pictures than you already do!
SO cool you are going to the Foodbuzz event!! I can't wait to hear about it! Have an awesome time (and after w/ Mr H too!!)

Unknown said...

I cant wait to see all of your new pics, awesome muffins too.

Lisa said...

What delicious looking muffins. I love those browned white chocolate pieces. Have a good time at Foodbuzz. By the way, I'm holding a CSN giveaway on my blog and you're welcome to come by and enter. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2010/11/45-csn-giveaway.html

Hennifer said...

Yummy! These are right up my alley.

Congrats on the new camera and I SO wish I could join you in SF! I hope you have a blast at the shindig and that you and Mr. H have a nice vacation.

tamilyn said...

Have a wonderful trip! I can't wait to live vicariously through your posts when you get back. I only spent 3 days there a few years back, but absolutely loved it. Have fun with the new camera-I'm still trying to figure mine out :>

Coleens Recipes said...

Have a great time at bloggerfest, I hear it is excellent. Congrats on the camera, I'm now in jealousy overload. I hope you and hubby have a fantastic time together.

Tatiyana said...

I love the pictures with the new camera! Congrats on the purchase, and have so much fun in Cali!!!

Natalie said...

I'll be at the Foodbuzz Fest too!! I can't wait :)

Abby said...

I know you're going to have a blast! Can't wait to hear all about it.

I was just looking at Costco's Canons THIS WEEK. Glad to hear you've bought one and like it!

Fabulous muffins. Wish I had one for a snack right now!

Unknown said...

Yay! Congrats on the new camera! And the trip. I so wish I was going to that. Maybe sometime in the future. We'll see.

These muffins looks so good! I can see why you didn't want to let them go. ;-)

Have a fun and safe trip!!!

Sherry G said...

I just love the combination of pumpkin and white chocolate! So few people make recipes with the two. Love the recipe (even if it is a box mix hehe)

♥peachkins♥ said...

the flavor combination is wonderful and the muffins look CUTE!

Unknown said...

mmm this sounds really yummy! have fun this weekend and congrats on the new camera! :D

Foodiewife said...

Too funny! We both got the same new camera! So looking forward to us learning new food blogger tricks, great food and friendship.

Faith said...

Those look so good! I love that you flicked off the undesirable white chocolate pieces!
Have a wonderful time in SanFran!!!
I bet it will be a nice change in weather!

Katie said...

I hope you have a wonderful couple of days. Be sure to take lots of pics with your snazzy new camera. Love the pumpkin muffins and the giant choc buttons

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

How fun! You're gonna love it here in Cali...OK I may be partial since I reaside in the Golden State. Down south (LA) we're having temps in the 90s still :O I'm sure it'll be cooler up north though.

These cupcakes look and sound delish!

Sophie said...

So excited for you! Congrats on the new camera too!

I LOVE SF! Used to live in the Bay Area and I soo miss it!

mbc said...

Well, I'm jealous. San Francisco, a new camera, AND those Pumpkin Spice Muffins? What a lucky lady you are. You deserve them all!!

Kerstin said...

Congrats on your new camera -yay! Hope you have a lovely time in San Fran! And the muffins are killer, as usual :)

Natasha @ Saved by the Egg Timer said...

Have a great weekend, maybe I will see you in years to come! The muffins sound amazing! I love white chocolate with pumpkin!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Love the camera and your photos! Feels good, right?! :)

I'm so jealous! Not of you going but of Debby whose gonna get to meet you in person and hang out with you while meeting other cool bloggers! I do hope though that you have a grand time.
~ingrid

Me and My Pink Mixer said...

Have fun ~ I am sooooo jealous! Your muffins look fantastic. I love, love, love pumpkin!

Leslie Harris said...

Happy Blogiversary! :)

And congrats on the new camera! The pics look lovely. :)

Now about these muffins...they look AMAZING! I love the turquoise cupcake liners. They are stunning. :) I can only find red ones here in Mexico.

Have fun at the Blogger Fest and on your mini-vacation! :)

Allie said...

I was there too! I wish I would have caught up on my Google Reader last week!!! I didn't know that you would be there. I am so bummed I didn't get a chance to meet you :( Maybe next year... :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails