Thursday, March 25, 2010

Creamy Swirls and Chocolate Winners!

I made these Raspberry Swirl Mini Cheesecakes from Martha's Cupcakes for Valentine's Day. Actually I made them prior to that and I intended to post them for the day of love but we were in DC and then I was having computer troubles and well, I'm just now getting to them. But, they'd make an excellent addition to your Easter buffet, so as far as I'm concerned I shared these just in time.

Now I've made a few other cupcakes from Martha's new book and I have to say these were one of my favorites. They were so creamy and smooth and creamy! Did I mention they were creamy? Well they are because they're baked in a water bath. These cheesecakes really were perfect- a sturdy crust and creamy filling (there I go again!) and just the right amount of fruit. If you're lucky you'll get a pool of puree in the cheesecake. That makes for a nice surprise.

I actually quartered the recipe and made 8 mini cheesecakes instead of 32 because it was just for Mr. h and I. I have posted the recipes for the full amount and the quartered recipe I used below. At first I thought that 8 was too many but then I figured we'd be sharing them so it wasn't so bad. Except that I ATE ALL OF THEM!

Yeah, you read that right. I ate them all by myself over the course of a week. I offered them to Mr. H and he had a bite but cheesecake and raspberries really aren't his thing. He said they were good and were much better than he thought but opted for something chocolate instead. Fine by me! I actually ate a couple of these in the car on the way to work. They're mini and the perfect one handed treat. Make them and see for yourself :-)

Raspberry Swirl Mini Cheesecakes from Martha's Cupcakes

Graham Crust:

  • 1 1/2 cups finely ground graham crackers (about 12 sheets; use a mini chopper or food processor)
  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
  • 3 tablespoons sugar

Raspberry Puree:

  • 1 container (6 ounces) fresh raspberries
  • 2 tablespoons sugar

Cheesecake:

  • 2 pounds (32 oz.) cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 4 large eggs, room temperature

Preheat oven to 325°F.

Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Stir together ground graham crackers, butter, and 3 tablespoons sugar. Press 1 tablespoon crust mixture firmly into bottom of each lined cup. Bake until set, about 5 minutes. Transfer tins to a wire rack to cool.

Process raspberries in a food processor until smooth, about 30 seconds. Pass puree through a fine sieve into a small bowl, pressing with a flexible spatula to remove as much liquid as possible; discard solids. Whisk in 2 tablespoons sugar.

With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat cream cheese until fluffy, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. With mixer on low speed, add remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar in a steady stream. Add salt and vanilla; mix until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined after each.

Spoon 3 tablespoons filling over crust in each cup. Dollop 1/2 teaspoon raspberry puree in a few dots over each. With a wooden skewer or toothpick, swirl sauce into filling. Place each tin in a roasting pan (bake in batches, if necessary); pour enough hot water into pan to come three-quarters of the way up sides of cups.

Bake, rotating pans halfway through, until filling is set, about 22 minutes. Carefully remove tins from water bath and transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate (in tins) at least 4 hours (or out of tins up to 5 days in airtight containers). Remove from tins just before serving.

Makes 32 mini cheesecakes.

Raspberry Swirl Mini Cheesecakes

*(1/4 recipe)*

Graham Crust:

  • 2 1/4 tsp. sugar
  • 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. graham cracker crumbs
  • 2 1/4 tsp. butter, melted

Raspberry Puree:

  • 1 1/2 oz. raspberries
  • 1 1/2 tsp. sugar

Cheesecake:

  • 8 oz. cream cheese
  • 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. sugar
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg

Follow instructions as listed above but use these amounts.

Makes 8 mini cheesecakes.

Oh yum!

__________________________________________________

And now onto the winners of the chocolate giveaway... Two great lovers of chocolate.

Both were slected at random by my husband in the other room :-)

Ladies send me your addresses and I'll get them out to you!

35 comments:

Treehouse Chef said...

Wow! These look so beautiful and delicious. I love cheesecake. I am saving this recipe and will making it very soon!

Sinful Southern Sweets said...

These are so beautiful!!

oneordinaryday said...

I love your new header. The Spring colors are perfect.
And these little cheesecakes are quite pretty too. Jim and I are kind of like you and Mr. H. but in reverse. He'd be all over these and I'd rather have some chocolate. : )

vanillasugarblog said...

Yeah me! :::doing happy chocolate dance:::
Thanks doll! What goodies can I make with these bad boys? Hmmm.

Rachel (rachescakes) said...

Yum!

You should see if Martha Stewart is hiring, I think you would be great working for her.

Julie said...

Congrats to the chocolate winners! I'm sure I could finish those by myself too, in record time!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

You are a talented baker,but also gifted in food phtography.These look so yummy.
Blessings,Ruth

♥peachkins♥ said...

your cheesecake is mouthwatering. I wonder if I can do it...

Monica H said...

Peachkins- Yes you can do it!

Adele said...

Mmmmm... cheesecake.. Monica.. You're killing me! All this dessert... Yummy

Leslie Harris said...

My hubby loves cheesecake and raspberries, so I will have to make these for him! :)

Teresa said...

Oh Monica!
You are a PRO!
Those look scrumptious!
So yummmmmy!
Oh I sure do wish I was one of the lucky winners of that CHOCOLATE!!!!
xxooxx

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Hmmm, this look sorta familiar. Why I wonder? :) so, like how many months did I have to make these?

You know my mom would totally love these.
~ingrid

OvenDelights said...

These look sooo good!Going to have to try these:)

Memória said...

I. CANNOT. BELIEVE. I. WON!!!! LOL!! Too freaking hilarious!! Yeaaaa!!! At least you can save a postage stamp or two on me. :D

Those cheesecakes look perfect! I'm so glad you posted the reduced recipe so that I can eat all of them in one week, too haha. I'm going to definitely make these soon.

Thanks again, Monica!

Katie said...

Ooh these look wonderful and what a great size. You can eat a whole cheesecake to yourself and not feel too guilty. I love the swirly top - delicious.

Debbie said...

They look terrific and are adorable. I would eat all of them myself too, no problem!

cookies and cups said...

Mini-cheesecakes are the death of me. I, literally, can't stop eating them. There is not a chance that I would make these because they would never make it out of the house :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Monica, Love the little raspberry cheesecakes! Was looking for something different to make for Easter and I think I just found it! Thanks for sharing with us! Kim

Foodiewife said...

Monica, you are awesome! I love cheesecake, but I'm afraid that if I make a whole one I will eat the whole thing. These are so easy, and I LOVE the photo of the glass. It's like I get to see through your eyes.
I don't like raspberries in their natural state, but I love coulis sauce. These will be perfect for a potluck I'm going to. Genius!
BTW, I would probably eat these all by myself.

Janet said...

Cheesecake and raspberries over chocolate ANY day for me!

Beautiful!

I just noticed that you have a Ritter Sport Cornflakes in your chocolate give-away post! Brandon told me he liked the one I sent, so I just sent him 10 more!

Unknown said...

These look so good I might just have to start liking cheesecake so I can have them. Hmmm...

Mary Bergfeld said...

These look spectacular. I can only guess how delicious they must be. I stopped by by chance but stayed far longer than I planned. I really like your blog and will be back often to see what you have conjured up.

Monica said...

These look AMAZING - I must make them!!

grace said...

how very pretty--those inadvertent hearts are just perfect. :)

Misc Momma said...

Glad to hear your rave reviews as I'm planning on making these for a shower. I would totally eat these for breakfast too. Cream cheese is a breakfast food, for sure.
~Tara

Maria said...

I love the swirls. So pretty!

Tia said...

I just bought this book and i'm so excited to use it! you've inspired me even more!

Denine said...

Oh my goodness. I just came across your blog and I cannot stop reading your recipes! Your photography is awesome - I am quite jealous. Keep up the great work!

carlav said...

I made these this weekend for our friends who love my raspberry cheesecake bars. Since I've made the same ones for 15+ years, I thought I would try a different form of the same flavors......to RAVE reviews! We enjoyed your recipe and I will definitely make them again. Thanks!

Two fit and fun gals said...

these look adorable!

Carmen said...

I made the Cheesecake Cupcakes!! They are sooo Goood! One is not enough.

Shapalmas said...

WOW im in love with theses cheesecakes...and with you blog,everything look so good...
I was looking for a good cheesecake recipe...and i think i founded..and much more...

Come and visit me if you can...

XOXO
http://viramexeefaz.blogspot.com/

Sharon

Ana Ferreiro said...

I found your blog while looking for a good cheesecake recipe. I got to say that is light and creamy and dreamy all at once. Everybody was asking where I learned to make such good cheesecake, of course I had to give all the credit to you. I will make this recipe over and over for sure.

Donna Preston said...

Thanks. The crust was perfect.

http://whatthedogate.blogspot.com/2014/07/mini-key-lime-cheesecakes.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails