Saturday, March 28, 2009


It's after 2 am and I just finished baking 16 dozen cookies. That's 192 cookies!**

Shoot me now.






**My MIL is out of town and she made a double batch of chocolate chip pecan cookie dough. She's had them in the fridge for over a week now and they were drying out, so she sent them home with me to bake them because she didn't have the time (or energy) to bake them herself. I had no idea how freaking long this would take me. I.AM.EXHAUSTED! I haven't made this many cookies since Christmas!

Have a good weekend everyone!


Mermaid Sweets said...

Wow, that is quite a lot of cookies. Baking can be exhausting. Hope you had fun and I bet they are yummy.

Donna-FFW said...

Sounds like a delicious cookie... recipe?

Dawn said...

ugh, I'm tired reading this

Sara said...

OMG, that is a LOT of cookies! I am very impressed. What are all the cookies for?

Lissaloo said...

Wow, that's a bunch of cookies, my Hubby thinks you should send some this way :) Actually he asked why I haven't made cookies in a while, Your yummy pictures are starting to motivate me I may have to go make some :)

Verna said...

Yes, that is a lot of cookies, I never counted them, but when I was young and at home, we always made a hugh batch of chocolate chip cookies, sometimes every Saturday, Later I learned that they were at least 7 dozen + everytime we did it.
Lots of brothers, they didn't last long. Now that I am married and don't have to, I find myself wanting to buy the cookies instead of sitting in the kitchen and doing any baking. Go figure.

Ingrid said...

Oh my gosh I thought I was bad about over extending myself!

Guess what I'm making tonight for a snack? Yup, your Honey's cinnamon toast! I know the kids are going to want a treat and I've baked enough this week! Plus my honey should be able to handle to clean up on his own!

Coleen's Recipes said...

I'm tired just THINKING about 192 cookies!

Monica H said...

Mermaid Sweets- Thanks for stopping by! It stopped being fun after the 3 batchm, but they were yummy.

Donna- Nothing special, just Nestle Tollhouse recipe with pecans.

Dawn- Tell me about it!

Sara- She doesn't bake much so when she makes cookies she doubles that batch. They're just cookies to eat. She usually gives us a couple dozen, then she freezes the rest.

Lissaloo- Go make something. I'm glad I could provide some motivation :-)

Verna- You're so funny!

Ingrid- Hope you and your kids like the cinnamon toast! I'm sure your husband can handle washing one pan :-)

Colleen- Yeah, I know. Sometimes the very sight of them turns me off. But luckily, that doesn't last too long...ha!

Michel-lee said...

Oh my goodness, I'm like thinking back a few weeks ago when I was up till 3:30am making 300 flowers. You are one tough cookie LOL.

P.S. I love the pic of you and the hairy ones. I am so camera shy.

burpandslurp said...

that's a crazy amount of cookies! your family must have been in heaven though, breathing in all the wonderful aroma from the oven! I'll help you make a dent on them, if you want :-)

Maria said...

Wow, that is a lot of cookies. I hope you are relaxing now!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails