Sunday, January 11, 2009

It's A Wrap!

Jenn from No Lemon Juice made Caesar Club Sandwiches several weeks ago. I craved them the moment I saw them, except I'm not a fan of ciabatta bread sandwiches. I think it's too much bread to sandwich filling ratio. Does that make sense?

So I decided to make the dressing and make Chicken Caesar wraps instead. And they were yummy. The hubby liked them so much he even asked to have them for leftovers the next day, which he rarely does.

Caesar Dressing from Ina Garten
  • 1 large garlic clove, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons anchovy paste*
  • 1 teaspoons Dijon mustard
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup good mayonnaise

Place the garlic and parsley in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade (or in a blender) and process until minced. Add the anchovy paste, mustard, lemon juice, and mayonnaise and process again to make a smooth dressing.

Refrigerate the Caesar dressing if not using it immediately.

NOTE: *I couldn't find anchovy paste at my supermarket, so I got a small can of anchovy fillets and used that instead. I used about 4-5 fillets in place of the 1 1/2 tsp. of paste.

Chicken Caesar Wraps

  • 2 Tortilla wraps
  • Romaine lettuce, chopped
  • 1 Chicken breast, sliced
  • Caesar dressing
  • Parmesan Cheese, grated
  • Fresh ground pepper

Place the wraps on a plate. In the center of the wrap, pile the romaine lettuce in the center. Top with sliced chicken breast. Spoon the desired amount of dressing over chicken and sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and fresh ground pepper. Wrap up and enjoy!

5 comments:

vanillasugarblog said...

do you know that I buy bottles of the Paul Newmans Creamy Caesar almost every week as I eat a ton of greek salad (with chicken) with the caesar dressing in a wrap, or in a bowl or in a sandwich or in a taco or in a falafel, etc... oh I could go on and on.
so, seeing this post made my heart sing!!!
I wonder if I should try this dressing from Ina?

Unknown said...

These look awesome!

Anonymous said...

Ok, Where do you live? I'm coming for dinner! Or lunch! Or just for coffee and dessert! I am trying to diet, everytime I click on your blog my stomach growls! This looks so YUMMY! Your hubby is one lucky man to get all this yummy food! My hubby is a very picky (and sometimes boring! SHHH) eater. I think that is why I love to eat out. I can get some variety! I just may have to try this one!
Katie

Anonymous said...

Now I'm going to have to make those again.

Dawn-totally try the dressing. It's just as good if not better than store bought dressing. And you know it will be fresher.

Monica H said...

Dawn- make it! It's tangy, and garlicky, creamy and just plain yum! I think next time I'm going to double the amount of dressing I make and store it in the fridge. It's that good.

Dancer- Thanks, they were very good.

Katie- Try it- hopefully your husband will like these. Mine thought they were great, but he's not that picky.

Jenn- The second night we had these, I added bacon and that made them even better!

Related Posts with Thumbnails