Sunday, December 7, 2008

Bacon and Eggs

This is my version on honey wheat with spinach.

I love sandwiches. And I love egg salad. So I decided to make--you guessed it!--egg salad sandwiches with BACON! Does it get any better? Just because it's a sandwich doesn't mean it has to be boring. It doesn't have to be PB&J or a piece of pressed ham and American cheese on white bread. Although those can be good and there is a place for them, sandwiches don't have to be blah! they can actually be good and exciting.

Egg Salad Sandwiches

Makes 2 sandwiches

  • 4 hard boiled eggs
  • 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
  • 1 tsp. yellow mustard
  • 1 tsp. pickle relish, sweet or dill
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 4 slices of your favorite bread, toasted
  • 4 slices cooked bacon

In a medium bowl, mash egg whites and yolks with a fork or a pastry cutter til tiny crumbles form. With a spoon, stir in 2 tbsp. mayo, mustard and relish til creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Toast your bread and spread with the remaining tablespoon of mayo. Scoop egg salad evenly onto two slices of bread and top with bacon and the remaining two slices of toast. Add fresh spinach or green leaf lettuce for a touch of green.

My husband's version- egg salad and bacon.

NOTE: Boil your eggs in advance and keep them in the fridge (in the shell) for a few days. This recipe can be halved, but trust me you won't want to.

2 comments:

vanillasugarblog said...

you know this is right up my alley....love this! good thinking!

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe I've never thought to put egg salad and bacon together!!! I'm so having that for dinner this week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails